Monday, September 5, 2016

Everyday Monsters Kindle Scout Campaign - Days 8 - 11 and end of the Facebook ad

There's not a whole lot to report for the Scout campaign for days 8-11 because I lad literally 0 (yeah, ZERO) hours on the Hot & Trending list all four days. The total page views for all four days was only 66, and the lowest day was day 11 with 5 views. Yep, FIVE.

My Facebook ad wrapped up on September 3, which was Day 10 of the campaign, so clearly that didn't help out very much. I think I'm going to run a Fiverr ad next to see how that goes, but I wouldn't recommend running a Facebook ad for a Scout campaign again. I don't know if it's because I wasn't actually selling the book, or if more people respond to something with a price tag instead of a call to action like nominating something, or if a lot of people didn't feel like putting in their Amazon accounts or what. I would not personally consider this a $10.00 well spent. The only thing I feel like I got out of it was 3 page views on the Scout campaign (but I have no idea if they nominated it or not - Amazon doesn't give me that statistic) and 1 person liked my Facebook author page. I invited all of the people that clicked "like" on the ad, but only 1 responded out of 25.

Here is the final screenshot of the ad, showing that it reached 953 people with 24 post likes, 1 author page like and 3 link clicks to go to the Scout page. So, worth it? I don't really think so for these purposes. I'll definitely try again after the book goes up for sale and I have reviews on it, though. I think it will be more effective then.
 

Here are the dreaded screenshots showing my crappy page view and H&T hour numbers for the last 4 days. It can only go up from here, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment